Our nutritious, tasty green smoothie has been a cherished morning ritual for Phil and I since 2006! Since then, we have both experienced dramatic improvements in health, energy and mental clarity by increasing our consumption of fruits, vegetables, whole foods and superfoods.
If you haven’t already, give green smoothies a try. You’ll be amazed at the health benefits you’ll reap.
- 1 banana (either pre-frozen or fresh)
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 large fresh leaves of Kale, torn off the stem
- 1.5 cups organic baby spinach leaves
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 2 dates
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp raw maca root powder
- 2 cups water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and add water
- Blend until smooth and lump free.
- Best served immediately, but stays good in the fridge for 2 days