~What are your dinners like?
Around here, at Resource Naturopathy’s kitchen, we like to keep our dinners healthy, attractive & interesting. I’ve decided to begin documenting selected meals after realizing just how beautiful some of them are. The keys to stimulating a healthy appetite are: Variety, Colour, Flavour, Appeal and Nutritious-ness among other factors. Always remember to play in the kitchen, let your imagination and creativity run wild.
I like to go to my local library and peruse through the newest and hottest cookbooks in order to get my digestive and creative juices flowing. I have to admit that I’m not great at following recipes to the T, but I love to be inspired by ideas and food combinations and then get home to create my own unique versions.
On the menu tonight:
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 large sweet vidallia onion
- 1 small potato
- 3 large Green Swiss Chard leaves added at the very end to ensure vitamins are fully intact.
- Some of my favorite home-made seaweed “salt” (containing nori & wakame flakes and sesame seeds (ground up in my mini grinder)
Cook them all together in your fave pot until veggies are firm yet soft and blend with a hand blender, leaving some chunkiness.
The main squeeze of the evening
Asian Tofu and Vegetable Medley atop Black Rice
Oh boy was this delicious! It was my favorite time tasting this Ancestral “forbidden” grain and I loved it. It was sweet yet firm and nutty and was very nourishing.
Impressive health benefits of Black Rice~
- A great source of bran fiber
- Rich in amino acids and phytonutrients
- High Protein content
- High in anthocyanins- powerful antioxidants
- High in iron
- Gluten and wheat free
- Considered to be a blood tonifier in Chinese Herbal Medicine
- 10 spoonfuls of cooked black rice contains the same amount of antioxidants as a spoonful of fresh blueberries.
To find a high quality Organic Black Rice, visit Elan foods:
- Red and yellow peppers
- Any vegetable of choice: Bok Choy, cabbage, Sprouts
Saute your veggies with this sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sucanat
- 1 tsp tamari sauce
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger root
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp of Almond butter
Savour the Flavours- and best of all: It’s good for ya’