Have you heard the scoop on hemp seeds? You may be familiar with the fact that hemp seed comes from the plant Cannabis Sativa…no I am not referring to marijuana! Hemp seeds that are brought to us legally differ greatly from the Cannabis plants that are illegal (marijuana). THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is the compound found in marijuana that causes people to get high. Not to worry, there are no traces of THC in the hemp seeds you eat.
Below are the TOP 6 REASONS you’d benefit from adding Hemp to your diet
- They contain Omega 3, 6 and 9. These omega’s help your brain function, improve the appearance of your skin, and keep your immune system functioning well.
- Hemp seeds contain all the essential amino acids our body requires. Amino acids build and repair tissues and organs.
- 100 g of hemp seeds contains 30.6 g of protein….how rad is that!!!
- Hemp seeds are high in fiber, and so they help with great elimination and weight loss. Containing a whole host of essential vitamins and minerals, hemp seeds are high in Vitamin A, vitamin E, Calcium and Iron.
- Hemp seeds contribute to cardiovascular health, reproductive health and nervous system wellness.
- Hemp seeds help lower high cholesterol and high blood pressure
So why not join the many people who love the benefits this tiny seed has to offer! For best absorption of the nutrients, buy milled hemp seed.
Dip your raw veggies into this Super-Powered Hemp Hummus. Among its many other benefits, this wholesome Hemp Hummus will provide you with abundant sustained energy as it is rich in protein, fiber, and its even gluten free!
Hearty Hemp Hummus
- 1 ½ cups of chickpeas: Soaked and cooked until soft
- 2 tablespoons of tahini- sesame paste
- 4 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seed powder
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Circular sprinkle of paprika on top
Blend all the ingredients in food processor until smooth and enjoy!